October 05, 2012

When I was a kid...(artwork)

Here are some drawings from when I was a kid and a teenager!
Most pictures from a sketchbook I used a lot.

I'm still very proud of this drawing:
My art teacher gave us, 8 year old kids, the exercise to draw a kind of bicycle which was on a table. So it was an exercise to teach kids to first look good at the object, and then draw, and see what you're drawing wrong.
Well, except the fact that I didn't even know how to draw a circle, this is pretty good didn't it?
Maybe the wheels are the evidence that I was a quite smart kid.
"I see wheels, so I draw a circle, a wheel" That was not what I thought. I didn't think, I just looked and draw.

When I was 12 I had a phase in which I liked to draw manga

 And then there was a time I liked to draw elves, midgets, angels and other mythical girls stuff
And then I started, when I was like 15, I started with making illustrations. I liked to draw without taking my pencil from the paper. A real challenge, and it gave nice results! This is a drawing I made with the help of a travel guide about jungles (lifelong obsession by the way)

And then, about two years ago, I started to draw fashion illustrations.

I actually would really like to make this dress :)

And I'm still searching a bikini like I drew :)
So those where a few drawings. I have a whole collection in the attic. I kept all my drawings from when I was 8. 
Oh, I would like to see them again actually, but I know it will take me a day, I would really enjoy it....

P.S.:sorry for the pictures, I didn't get them in landscape. When I uploaded them they were still ok...



No comments:

Post a Comment